Friday, January 6, 2012

Cinderella

For Christmas the Boy got me tickets to go see the musical Cinderella 
at the 5th Avenue Theater in Seattle!
He put such thought into this and I was super excited spend a fun evening out with him. 
Plus it gave me a chance to dress up - which I certainly didn't mind :)
Because we were both dressed up I asked for a few photos before.



doesn't he look handsome?
We had a great car ride down Seattle, I don't think there was a pause longer than 20 seconds the whole 2 hours. We somehow made our way into the parking garage without hitting anyone. 
We had time to grab dinner before the show and right across the street was a delicious restaurant by the name of Rock Bottom. We managed to get a table and I enjoyed a mac and chicken dish. YUM. 
We made our way to the theater with plenty of time to spare. 
It is a beautiful building with lots of details! I took a few photos with my very unprofessional camera so pardon their quality. 


The dragon on the ceiling and the light that hung from it. We wondered if they carved the dragon in one big piece then put it up, in chunks or put a big piece of wood for the ceiling then carved it out. (the last option was voted no pretty quickly but you never know - that is how the Sistine chapel was painted)

The play was wonderful and so much fun to watch! The effort that was put into the show was obvious and incredible. The costumes were amazing as were the sets and effects. It was a such a fun night! 
I'm thankful for someone to spend time with and who would be so thoughtful about such a wonderful evening. From a fun car ride to a great show to spontaneous desserts at 11 pm it was a great time and I loved every minute of it. 
The whole night made ME feel like I was actually Cinderella!

1 comment:

aunt renee said...

oh, Lindserella. You'll have to start referring to The Boy as Prince Charming.