Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Best Kind of Prize is a SURPRISE

Who doesn't love a great surprise? 
This weekend I was the master... well maybe not but I think I was pretty good. 
My Coffee girl was headed up to visit Western this last weekend and I thought "hmmmmm... what a great way to go visit the fam!" So I hitched a ride with her and secretly found a ride to go from Bellingham to my house. I had clued Bro #1 into the deal to be sure that they would be home. He kept a good secret from the rest of the clan as no one else knew I was coming. 
It was fun to see their faces when I showed up at home on Saturday afternoon! 
Because no one knew I was coming almost the whole family had plans for the evening except Dad and Bro #2. So we enjoyed grilled cheese (made by master chef Bro #1) and soup. 

Followed by a roaring fire just for me and a few games (which of course I won don't let the others tell you otherwise). 
Sunday was a day of worshiping at First Reformed and watching the Super Bowl at first Sunday of the month.  
Lesson learned: Do not bet on the game. Your 12 year old cousin will sweep the whole game and you will lose a dollar.
To top the whole weekend off Mom and Dad drove me back to Seattle and we got to talk together. 
I am so thankful for my lovely family and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lindsey. What a great tribute to your family. Love from Gr.Dee